2023 Spartanburg Christmas Parade
Rules and Regulations
The Spartanburg Christmas Parade is a family celebration designed to celebrate the Christmas Season in our community. The appearance of the entries in the parade is of the utmost importance. These rules and regulations have been established to ensure that our Yule time Celebration runs safely and smoothly. Please read carefully as there are updated rules and regulations.
Parade Float and Entry Requirements for sponsors, category a, and category b entrants
ALL FLOAT ENTRIES (SELF BUILT & PROFESSIONAL)
In order to maintain a festive and cheerful environment for the Spartanburg Christmas Parade, entries should:
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Dress in a coordinated theme. Colors coordinated with your float colors are highly recommended.
- Dress should be as uniform as possible.
- Dress should be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any offensive material.
- No person may dress as Santa Claus.
SIGNS AND BANNERS
Any sign or banner, other than that identifying your entry (company or organization name), must be approved in advance by the Parade Committee.
Music must be Christmas music and appropriate for all ages.
FLOATS / VEHICLES
- Vehicles will not be allowed to display any campaigning or advertising material that has not been approved, in advance, by the Parade Committee.
- Due to liability concerns and in an effort to conform the entries to a Christmas theme, motorcycles, motor coaches, busses, Semi Tractors, and similar entries are NOT allowed.
- Total height of vehicles/ floats, displays, and participants may not exceed 12 feet in height.
- Total length of vehicles/floats, displays, and participants may not exceed 60 feet unless prior arrangements are made.
- Generators provided by or rented from the Jaycees may only be operated by authorized Jaycees personnel.
- The parade will be limited to 100 entries.
- All fees must be paid in full by November 29, 2023.
- By completing and returning the application, you affirm that you have read and understand the Rules & Regulations contained in this packet and that your company/organization agrees to abide by them.
- There is no rain date scheduled.
- Positions are assigned to ensure the best parade experience for entrants and spectators. Special requests will be considered but are not guaranteed.
- Parade organizers and/or sponsors assume no liability for any property damage or personal injuries.
- For the safety of our children, THROWING OF ITEMS FROM ENTRIES (CANDY, BEADS, ETC.) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Please make an effort to make sure no child runs into the street because of the possible danger!
- NO NEWSPAPERS, PAMPHLETS, PAPERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE HANDED OUT AT ALL.
- Picking up passengers while the parade is underway is prohibited. Entrants may not get on or off of a vehicle while the parade is en route.
- An adult must accompany any child under four (4) years of age. Children under the age of eight (8) may not stand on any moving entry. Children over the age of eight (8) may stand only with the aid of a standing bar.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY MAY DISPLAY A SANTA CLAUS OR ANY IMAGE OF A SANTA CLAUS.